SERVICE / WARRANTY POLICY – TMX BRAND WATCHES
A. I. Timex Group India Limited ("Timex Group") Warranties its TMX Brand watches (purchased only from TMX authorised sellers) against all manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) yearfrom the date ofretail purchase, subject to exceptions listed below:
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by mishandling of watches including damage to glass, straps and bracelets
- Damage caused by watch being opened/disassembled/repaired/serviced at a un-authorized service outlet
- Damage due to water entry in a non-waterresistant watch
- Damage due to exposure to chemicals and solvents.
- Damage to the watch due to physical dents and scratches
II. No Warranty shall be provided on Watches which are purchased from unauthorised sellers. III. No Warranty shall be provided on Watches which are found to be fake / counterfeit of TMX Watches. IV. With exception to the above, Timex Group is committed to adjust,repair orreplace parts to bring the customer's watch back to its original working condition free of cost during the warranty period. The repair will be undertaken provided the watch is returned to Timex Group Authorized Repair Centres accompanied by relevant Cash Memo/ Invoice/ Warranty card as a proof of Date of Retail Purchase. In absence of Cash Memo/ Invoice/ Warranty card, Month of Assembly shall be considered.
However, in case a Customer has done warranty registration by using Timex Group mobile application, such Customer can avail Warranty by showing its Mobile application warranty registration page to Timex Group authorized Repair Centre.
B. i. Conditions of Warranty
- Movements/ Modules – Free replacement within two years ofretail purchase for all analog movements
- Battery - Free replacement within one year ofretail purchase
- Plating peel off – Free replacement of Case or Bracelet for plating peel off/rusting/ corrosion within one year of retail purchase
- Leather Strap/ PU Strap – Free replacement within 6 months ofretail purchase, for manufacturing defects which includes pasting peel off or strap getting cut at spring bar end
- Timex Group may at its option repair your watch by installing new orthoroughly reconditioned parts orreplace it with identical/similar/equivalent value watch.
- In case the replacement of the entire Watch is being made, (subject to the sole discretion of Timex Group), the same model shall be replaced and in the event such model has been discontinued/not available, it shall be replaced with the model equivalent as deemed by Timex Group.
- Allreplaced parts shall become the sole property of Timex Group
- Timex Group does not have a productrefund policy and as such Watch purchased shall not be taken back.
- In case ofrepairs orreplacement of any part(s) of the Watch during the Warranty period, the Warranty of Watch shall continue only forthe unexpired period of original Watch warranty.
- Timex Group makes no other express warranty eitherin writing or otherwise and expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions not stated in this warranty/ service policy.
- The warranty extends only to the Original (First) Purchaser(Consumer) of the Watch and is not assignable or transferable to any other consumer.
- To avail the warranty coverage / benefits, the Customer must visit / deliver his/her Watch to the Timex Group Authorized Service Centre. The Customer will bearthe transportation, delivery and handling charges incurred to visit / deliverthe Watch to and from the Timex Group Authorized Service Centre.
C. i. Post Warranty Watches
- Timex Group is committed to service/repair all its watches for a period of 5 years and such a service (beyond the initial one year warranty) shall be on a chargeable basis.
- In case, afterthe expiry of warranty period, if Timex Group is unable to service the watch due to non-availability of a part/ of parts making the watch non-functional, Timex Group in its sole discretion may offerthe depreciation policy to the customer. The depreciation policy shall be executed based on the following guidelines : a) The customer's watch is bought back by Timex Group at a value equivalent to an amount depreciated at 20% per year of use, calculated from the date of purchase at customer purchased price/MRP. b) An amount equivalent to purchase price minus the depreciated amount is given to the customerin form of discount for purchasing a new TMX watch.
Age of Customer's watch (from date of purchase) : 2 Years
Customer Purchase Price : Rs. 1000/-
Depreciated amount @ 40% : Rs. 400/- (Rs. 1000 x 40%)
Discount : Rs. 600/- (Rs. 1000 – Rs. 400)
The customer can then avail this discount to buy a new watch
3. There will be 6 month's warrantee on the parts replaced during post warrantee repairs
4. The Courts of Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising in terms of Warranty/service policy